Milling machine or mill is the manufacturing equipment for CNC milling services. Here let's take a look at the classification of milling machines.
According to the layout and scope of application:
1. Lifting table milling machine: universal, horizontal and vertical, mainly used for processing small and medium parts, the most widely used.
2. Gantry milling machine: including gantry milling and boring machine, gantry milling machine and double column milling machine, which are used to process large parts.
3. Single column milling machine and single arm milling machine: the horizontal milling head of the former can move along the column guide rail, and the worktable can feed longitudinally; the end milling head of the latter can move horizontally along the cantilever guide rail, and the cantilever can also adjust the height along the column guide rail. Both are used to process large parts.
4. Table non lifting milling machine: there are two kinds of rectangular worktable and circular worktable. It is a medium sized milling machine between lifting table milling machine and gantry milling machine. Its vertical movement is completed by lifting the milling head on the column.
5. Instrument milling machine: a small lifting table milling machine, used for processing instruments and other small parts.
6. Tool milling machine: it is used for mold and tool manufacturing, equipped with end milling head, universal angle table, plug and other accessories, and can also be used for drilling, boring and slotting.
7. Other milling machines: such as keyway milling machine, cam milling machine, crankshaft milling machine, roll journal milling machine and square steel ingot milling machine, are special milling machines for processing corresponding workpieces.
(1) Table type milling machine: small milling machine used for milling instruments, meters and other small parts.
(2) Cantilever milling machine: the milling machine with the milling head mounted on the cantilever has a horizontal bed. The cantilever generally moves vertically along the column guide rail on one side of the bed, and the milling head moves along the cantilever guide rail.
(3) Ram milling machine: milling machine with spindle mounted on ram.
(4) Gantry type milling machine: the bed is horizontally arranged, and the columns and connecting beams on both sides constitute the gantry type milling machine. The milling head is installed on the beam and column, and can move along its guide rail. Generally, the crossbeam can move vertically along the column guide rail, and the worktable can move longitudinally along the bed guide rail for large parts processing.
(5) Plane milling machine: used for milling plane and formed surface.
(6) Profiling milling machine: a milling machine for profiling the workpiece. It is generally used for machining complex shape workpieces.
(7) Lifting table milling machine: a milling machine with a lifting table that can move vertically along the guide rail of the bed. Usually, the worktable and sliding saddle installed on the lifting table can move longitudinally and horizontally respectively.
(8) Rocker arm milling machine: rocker arm milling machine can also be called turret milling machine, rocker arm milling, universal milling, turret milling machine is a kind of light general metal cutting machine, with vertical and horizontal milling functions, which can mill plane, inclined plane, groove and spline of medium and small parts.
(9) Bed type milling machine: the worktable can not be raised or lowered, it can move longitudinally and transversely along the bed guide rail, and the milling head or column can move vertically.
(10) Special milling machine: for example, tool milling machine: milling machine used for milling tool mold, with high machining accuracy and complex machining shape.
By control mode
Milling machines can be divided into profiling milling machines, program control milling machines and CNC milling machines.